When I’m not blogging about nontoxic beauty, I’m working on my studies as a Nutritional Science student. Truthfully, my passion for food and nutrition is what lead me to discover green beauty! My goal in the future is to become a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and to practice as a Lifestyle Wellness Coach. I get new ideas all the time though, so we’ll see!
To get a sense of my view on nutrition and clean eating, I’ll share my personal outlook! I’m not vegan, though I do prioritize plant based, dairy free, and whole food eating. I don’t believe in diets that rely on deprivation, and I think that calorie counting is absolute nonsense. I’m all for balance and eating for pleasure as well as for health. I am a farmer’s market enthusiast and believe that eating local is one of the healthiest options available to us; I’m lucky enough to reside in the Pacific Northwest, where such resources are abundant. I believe that health begins in the gut and that food is our greatest medicine!
You’ll find me tackling nutrition related topics on the blog, but in general these are the rules that I follow personally…
- Purchase Certified Organic, locally grown/raised, and non-GMO.
- Prioritize whole foods, not packaged and processed foods. “Don’t eat anything your Great Grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” – Michael Pollan
- Make friends with dark, leafy greens.
- When/if eating meat, choose Grass Fed, Organic, and Certified Humane.
- Count chemicals, not calories.
- If you can’t pronounce an ingredient, or buy it at your local grocery store yourself, don’t eat anything containing it.
- Eat a variety of foods, including the things you crave, while always keeping balance in mind.
- Aim for 5 small meals per day.